Careers at the Trust
Find Your Place at Ashford and St Peter'sAshford and St Peters’ NHS Trust posts all new vacancies on the NHS Jobs website.
This is designed to benefit you and provide a wider variety of positions throughout the UK.
You can access on the site:
- Job Specification
- Job Description
- Online application form
- Staff benefits at the Trust
- Training and development opportunities
- More details about us and our departments
- Maps and useful local information
If you would like to contact our Human Resources department:
- Telephone - 01932 722643
Address - Human Resources, St. Peter's Hospital, Guildford Road, Chertsey, KT16 0PZ
Trust rated as one of the best hospital employers in the country
Staff working at Ashford and St Peter’s hospitals rate the trust as one of the best hospital employers in the country according to the latest NHS staff survey results. Published in March 2011 by the Care Quality Commission, the results show that staff at Ashford and St Peter’s are amongst the most motivated 20% in the country and that they also rate the Trust as one of the top 20% for job satisfaction and as somewhere to work and receive treatment.
Chief Executive Andrew Liles comments: ”These are fantastic results, both for the Trust and for our patients, and show huge improvements right across the board. I am absolutely delighted that staff have such confidence in our two hospitals and that they clearly want to work here. We know that staff who are highly motivated give better care to patients, so local people should be encouraged that at their hospitals staff really want to come to work and do their jobs well.”
Working at the Trust
- NHS final salary Pension Scheme
- Nurseries and play scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Flexible working hours
- Generous annual leave entitlement
Excellent training and development opportunities
- Management development
- Clinical skills training
- Personal skills development
- I.T. training
- Excellent Educational Facilities
On Site Facilities
- Subsidised staff restaurants offering a wide range of meals and snacks.
- Vending machines for hot and cold meals
- Places of worship - Multi faith centres at both Ashford & St Peter’s hospitals
- Security Escort - Security guards will escort staff across hospital premises at night. At Ashford call extension 4427 and at St Peter’s call extension 2279.
- Cash point machines
- Shops - 24 hour Tesco next to Ashford Hospital. League of Friends shop at St Peter’s Hospital. Access to local shops and main shopping centres at Walton on Thames, Woking, Staines, Kingston and London
- EAP - Employee Assistance Programme: General Information and Citizens’ Advice services, Financial Advice, Legal Advice, Counselling, both on the telephone and face-to-face.
- Discounted facilities at the local sports centre
- On site occupational health service
- Diversity networks
- Staff achievement awards - Annual awards event when staff are nominated by colleagues.
- Accommodation - The Trust works in partnership with three local housing associations to offer staff access to residential accommodation from individual rooms with shared kitchen and lounge, to 3 bedroom houses. In addition key worker Home Buy schemes are available through Thames Valley Housing Association.
- Free health checks and assistance with losing weigh and giving up smoking. Regular health checks are available from the Occupational Health Department. Contact 01932 722404 for further information.
- Pilates, Tai Chi & Yoga classes on site
- Reflexology & Indian Head Massage on site