Bereavement Office (Patient Affairs)The Bereavement Office offers advice and practical help for bereaved relatives in the period immediately following the death of a loved one.
Our Bereavement Officers are pleased to offer help and advice for relatives and carers of those who have died in our care. They will help you to make arrangements to:
- Collect the medical certificate of cause of death
- Explain the procedures for the registration of death
- Explain the procedure for the return of the deceased’s property
Which Funeral Directors?
You may wish to approach more than one Funeral Director to get an estimate of their costs before making your choice; your chosen funeral director should be able to guide you in every detail of making the funeral arrangements. Our Bereavement Officers can advise you of names of funeral directors in the local area if required, but are not able to make any personal recommendation.
You are strongly advised to ring the Bereavement Officer before you come to the hospital, so that the Bereavement Officer will be able to have everything ready for you, thus avoiding an unnecessary wait. Please telephone the appropriate number below.
- You will find the Bereavement office in Ashford Hospital opposite Arnold Ward and next door to the Chapel.
- At St Peter’s Hospital you will find the Bereavement Office to the left of the main Outpatients’ Entrance.
You will also be advised of the date of the next Memorial Service held at the Hospital.
Please feel free to ask the Bereavement Officers for any advice that you may need. They may not always know the answer, but they will usually know how to find the information that you need.
Ashford Hospital opening times by arrangement.
St Peter’s Hospital Bereavement Office - 01932 722319
Hospital Switchboard - 01932 872000