Cleaning / HousekeepingAbout the Service
Internal Team providing a professional, efficient and flexible cleaning and housekeeping service to all Wards and Departments.
- Cleaning of all wards, departments and offices including isolation cleaning.
- Collection and disposal of all rubbish including clinical waste from local wate bins.
- Replenish all disposable items i.e. soap, towels etc.
- Provide 24-hour emergency cleaning service.
- Removal and re-hanging of ad-hoc curtains.
- Report vermin infestation to pest control officer.
- Grounds rubbish and cleaning duties.
- Low grade maintenance e.g. changing of ceiling tiles.
- Cleaning and inspections to be in accordance with NHS Estates standards for Cleaner Hospitals Initiative.
- Cleaning to comply with Infection Control, Health & Safety directives and cleaning definitions framework.
- Cleaning to be carried out in a manner, which minimises disruption to the function of the hospital, its patients, staff and visitors.
Please contact the nearest staff member to report any cleaning incidents at the Trust.