Manual HandlingThe manual handling team consists of:
We cover Monday to Friday: Office ext 3664
Our Office is located within the Quality department off the Ramp corridor
The main aim of the Manual handling team is to reduce musculoskeletal injuries throughout the Trust to the lowest level practicable.
- Education and Training
- Policies and procedures / guidelines
- Safe Systems of work (advice, handling procedures animate and inaminate)
- Advice on Product purchase
- Incident reporting / trend analysis
- Risk assessment - this is your department risk assessment NOT OURS!
- Supporting and troubleshooting
Risk assessments are carried out on any hazardous tasks relating to manual handling.
If you have any concerns over handling tasks that you perform discuss it with your manager and contact the Manual Handling team if necessary.
Safe Systems of Work
A safe system of work is a formal procedure which results in the systematic examination of a task in order to identify the hazards and assess the risks, and which identifies safe methods of work to ensure the hazards associated with the task are either eliminated or minimised.